Friday, January 11, 2013

Eleven Months

Jolie is ELEVEN months!  I cannot believe that her first birthday is just a month away! 


Jolie seems to be slowing down in the growth department but is definitely not slowing down in any other way.  She is so busy these days. She wont sit still for any length of time and likes to roam the house looking for things she can get into.  Jolie is extremely curious and wants to investigate everything and is still constantly asking "wassat?" Jolie is cruising along the edges of our couches, tables, and her toys all of the time.  She got a shopping cart and a dog push toy for Christmas and can walk behind them really well.  She isn't walking on her own yet, but I don't think it will be too long before she is.  She has 8 teeth now! You really see them when she's talking and smiling now and they make her look so big! 

Jolie is a fickle eater.  She always eats fruit and breads well, but I never know what she will do with veggies or meat.  She will eat any vegetable pureed but only likes finger food veggies when she's in the mood.  I'm always amazed at the quantity of food that little bitty girl can eat!  She likes food like her mommy :) 

Jolie has been taking two cat naps a day.  We tried to drop one to see if she'd nap longer...nope!   She still only slept for thirty minutes in the afternoon and was cranky all morning.  So, two short naps it is!  She teased us the start of Christmas break and for about a week slept until 7:30.  It was a wonderful Christmas present!  I thought it was going to be our new normal, but she has started waking up early again.  I'm still hopeful!

Loving on her bear :)


I think my favorite thing about Jolie right now is how affectionate she is.  She loves to give hugs and kisses and it melts my heart.  She loves on her dolls and Elmo toy while saying "Awww."  Lately she has been very generous with her kisses while I bathe her.  She plays and splashes, then pauses to pull up on the side of the tub to give me a kiss, and then repeats the cycle about ten times.  I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment