Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Twelve Months

Jolie is creeping up on 14 months...but here is the post I started on her birthday. It took me a while to go back and finish it.  Perhaps I'm in denial that my baby is so big!

Jolie is a whole year old!  These last twelve months have flown by.  It doesn't seem possible that our little tiny baby is now a one-year-old. 

 
Look how she started out!  Hard to believe she was ever that tiny!


 
 
 
 


Jolie is a busy, busy girl these days.  When being held, she always tries to climb down to play on the floor.  She is getting more adventurous and curious all the time and is constantly getting into something!  She started taking steps around 11 months and after a month of taking a few steps and sitting down, right after her birthday, Jo decided to be a full-fledged walker! She now insists on walking everywhere!

At Jolie's twelve month check up, she weighed 20 lbs 8 oz and was 30 inches long.  She had eight teeth on her birthday and in the two days following her birthday cut two big molars!  A couple of weeks later she cut two more molars on top.  Our big girl has a mouth full of teeth!

I'm amazed by all that her little brain is figuring out.  She is saying quite a bit.  "Dada" is still her favorite word, and she says it all the time.  She says "mama" very infrequently still--I am sure it's is just to make me crazy.  Jolie also says "did it,"  "all done," "got it,"  "no no," and is mooing like a cow.  There are a few other things that she says from time to time but not very consistently. 

Jolie's favorite things to do are pull things out of drawers, stack things or put things inside of a container, and "help" mommy unload the dishwasher.  We've loved playing outside on the warmer days we've had.  We found a playhouse on Craigslist and it keeps her entertained for hours! 

Jolie is still a great night-time sleeper.  She recently went through a phase of not napping much, but seems to be getting back on track and has taken better naps the last several days.  Right before she goes to sleep, we read a Bible story, pray, and snuggle in the rocking chair for just a minute.  She's the best little cuddler and lays her head on my should and strokes my hair...best part of my day! We lay her down awake and she goes right to sleep without making  a peep. 

I know I had a lot to say about Jolie at this age, but there is so much that I want to remember about her!  We love Jolie so much and are so grateful to have been her parents for over a year now!

No comments:

Post a Comment