Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful first Mother's Day!  I know Mother's Day is a special day to honor your mom and I definitely thought about how thankful I am to have such a great mom, a mother-in-law who is like a mom, and many special grandmothers in my life.  However, I have to say that I spent most of the day thinking about how grateful I am to be a mom!  Being Jolie's mommy is the best job in the world and I thank God daily for my sweet girl.  Last year on Mother's Day I so badly wanted to be a mom, and little did I know, that just a few weeks later we would discover that Jolie was on her way!  From this time last year until now has been the best year ever....the excitement and anticipation throughout my pregnancy and then the fun of getting to spend every day with Jolie. 

We celebrated with my mom the evening before Mother's Day.  Nina and Jolie


We also celebrated my dad's birthday that night.


Then Papa pinched Jolie...


On Mother's Day morning Cole took some picture of me and my girl.





After church we had lunch with the Fords.  Mimi and Jolie




It was a special day for Jolie because she got to meet Grandmother Ford for the first time!


She also got to spend time with Grandmom!


I hope everyone else had a great Mother's Day too!  I hope to be back soon with lots of other recent pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment