Monday, September 19, 2011

Fun Decisions

There have been lots of things we've been thinking about as we prepare for a baby.  As soon as we found out we were having a girl, we knew we could start making more decisions. So, here are the few big decisions we've made...

NAME
Our little girl will be named Jolie Mae!  We are finally officially telling everyone our baby's name!  I say finally, because we picked the name quite a while ago--before she was even on the way.  When it was confirmed that she was a girl, we decided that Jolie was definitely the name we wanted.  Aside from just loving the name, it is also special because she gets to share it (or at least parts of it) with some special people.  My Gran, my dad's mom, is JoAnn so Jolie will get to share the "Jo" with her.  The middle name is after several people.  Cole has two great grandmothers whose middle names were Mae, and my Granny, my mom's mom, has the same middle name.  We are enjoying calling Jolie by name now!

CRIB
We actually picked out the crib pretty early in the summer.  Cole spotted a children's furniture store that was going out of business, so we decided to check out their nursery sets.  We found a crib and changing table that we really liked, and it is now assembled in Jolie's room just waiting for a baby!



NURSERY INSPIRATION
I can't say I have all of  Jolie's bedding yet, but I do have the quilt that I ordered for it!  I didn't find a nursery set that I really liked, but I found a quilt that I love.  The quilt arrived on Saturday, and I am excited now to get going on the rest of the nursery.  I hoping to find some fabric that will go with it well, and then my mom (she is a much more capable seamstress...) and I are going to make everything else we need.


I hope to update soon about Cole's football season, but I am waiting until I have some pictures.  I hope to get some from a friend soon since I have not remembered to bring my camera to a game yet!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you and am so sad that I can not be home for all this fun! Thank you for finding away to include your far away sisters. I cannot wait to see you over my fall break. We will have to do some baby shopping together. Love you!

    ReplyDelete